Training Workshops Opportunities
Are you a qualified and experienced psychotherapist?
Would you like to join the ever growing team at The Artist Welling Company?
Expressions of Interest
Role: Associate Artist Wellbeing Practitioner (AAWP)
Opportunity & Expressions of Interest
The Artist Wellbeing Company is looking for exceptional practitioners who have an interest in providing professional wellbeing services for those working within creative industries. We are looking for qualified and experienced therapists who are self-motivated, passionate, professional and innovative. Please see below for more details about the role and essential/desirable requirements. This role will be a part-time / project-by-project position that will exist alongside your clinical practice elsewhere.
This is an exciting time to come on board and become an integral part of the growing movement of integrating wellbeing services within the arts. Establishing a diverse and inclusive team which represents the fullest spectrum of indenties is essential for The Artist Wellbeing Company’s growth. We believe that who you are is as important as what you do. Whilst all expressions of interest will be gratefully received and considered, we are particularly welcoming expressions of interest from those from the Global Majority, and/or those who identify as non-binary or male.
Once you have made contact, we will acknowledge your expression of interest and arrange a time for us to meet so we can get to know you a little better, and you can also gain a better understanding of what the role of an Artist Wellbeing Practitioner may involve, and how working for The Artist Wellbeing Company can benefit you and enhance your career.
Please send your Expression of Interest (no longer than 500 words) along with your CV to Lou Platt, email@example.com by 1st April 2022.
AAWP Independent Contractor Specification
To provide Artist Wellbeing Services to clients, which may include some or all of the following:
○ Individual Support
○ Group Production Support
○ On-Call Support
○ Venue / Organisation Support
○ Training / Psycho-education
○ Workshops / Talks
● Qualified Arts Psychotherapist (esp Dramatherapist), Counsellor or Psychotherapist (esp Psychodrama-Psychotherapist, or Dance Movement Psychotherapist)
● 2 years post-qualification private practice experience
● Professional lived experience within the creative industries (for example: theatre, dance, TV or
● A commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and inclusion of marginalised individuals and groups
● Computer literate and possessing adequate equipment to facilitate online meetings and one to
one / group sessions
● Experience of group facilitation
● Have a qualification and/or experience in delivering Supervision
● A willingness to travel where appropriate and safe
● Ability to manage own diary and time schedules
● Ability to respond quickly and confidently in the moment
Artist Wellbeing can provide bespoke training and workshops
Here are some possible areas that we can help with
Responsibility: How to created Collective & Self-Responsibility for Mental Health Wellness in the workplace
Psychological Safety: How and why to create fearless organisations and teams for better productivity, performance and peace-of-mind
Working with Autobiographical / Challenging material: How to keep safe whilst taking creative risks
Anxiety & Resilience: How to cope with anxiety and reconnect to a sense of calm & confidence
Communication: Exploring effective communication, especially in times of crisis and conflict
De-roling: What it is, why do it and how!
If you would like to speak to someone about training and workshop opportunities, then do get in touch and someone will get back to you as soon as we can